Type of Cards
- Child Card - Issued to any child with a parent or guardian's signature.
- Adult Card - Issued to those aged 18 or over, or others under the age of 18 who live away from their parent's address, are out of school and working full time, and can provide verification of employment.
La Marque Public Library cards are issued after the applicant has completed an application and provided verification within the last 30 days of name and address.
Staff verifies the address against the patron's identification:
- An immediate family member's library card of the same address
- Cancelled mail
- Driver's license
- Housing Lease
- Property tax receipt
- School or employee ID
- Voter's registration card
Each application requires the applicant's driver's license number, Texas ID number, or a suitable substitute and a current phone number.
A child application must be signed by the parent or legal guardian. In situations where adults or children are in the care of an institution, agency or other guardian, the library needs a signed letter from the institution or agency stating that the institution, agency or individual will be responsible for any materials checked out on the patron's card.
- Reported loss of a library card relieves the patron of responsibility for any materials subsequently checked out on that account.
- There is a charge of $2 to replace a lost card.
- No memo is necessary if patron gets a new card at the same time card is reported lost.